Monday, March 12, 2012

Barn Dog?

I went to the barn today with Mom.  It was great.  So many new smells!  I love exploring the room where all the hay is kept.  I tried a little grain which was kind of yummy.  Definetely not my favorite thing  to eat but it wasn't bad.

We were busy at the barn.  We mucked stalls and scrubbed water buckets.  It was so nice out I didn't mind one bit!  One of Mom's students came and rode one of the ponies.  She is such a nice pony.  She didn't mind when my tie-out was right behind her feet and I got stuck around her.  She just waited til Mom unhooked me and moved me out of the way.  She says I trust the ponies too much and she has to keep a closer eye on me when the ponies are around.  Though I know now not to turn my back on Goldie.  Mom saw her running towards me cause I could just reach into the paddock and was too near her hay but she stopped when she saw Mom coming.

While Mom taught her lesson I got to explore a little closer to the henhouse!  I could smell something in there but it was just out of my reach.  Shucks!  After a little while I decided it was time to just relax so I found a little spot right outside the barn door and laid down.  I could still see Mom while she mucked stalls and swept the aisle and finished up in the barn so I felt okay.  Lilly, Gwen and Abby came out to play with me too which was fun.  I haven't seen them in a couple months so it was nice to catch up!

It was a long day for me.  I'm usually sleeping on the couch all day so to be out in the sunshine and exploring and playing with friends all afternoon really tuckered me out!  Can't wait til Wednesday when I get to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment