Hello! My name is Morgan. I am 5 years old (turning 6 on June 26th) and a fabulous Beagle speciman if I do say so myself.
I live in the country now. When my mom first brought me home, we lived in the suburbs near Philadelphia. We would go to Fairmount Park and take nice long walks through the woods. There were always lots of things to smell.
We moved to Chester County in 2009. I like it here. Plenty to sniff. I do miss my friend Ben though who passed away last summer. Mom does her best to keep me happy and content.
We go on walks twice a day since I don't have a fenced in yard to play in. I've gotten pretty good at listening to my mom as long as she has a treat in her hand but if I smell a fox, I'm out of here! It's safer for me to stay on a leash or my long tie-out. Mom makes sure I don't get tangled or stuck on the rocks around the house. I like my walks. We live on a horse farm with woods and trails surrounding us. There is always lots of things to do and see around here. Sometimes we go for walks around the horse farm and sometimes we take to the road across the street. There's also a wildlife preserve behind our house called Binky Lee Park. It's awesome. Someone mowed these wide paths through this huge field so you can go all over the place. That's definetley one of my favorite places to go for our walks.
Sometimes I like to bring one of my "babies" on the walk too. Today I took Henry the Groundhog with me. I realized I didn't really feel like carrying him the entire time so we just did a loop around the front yard and then Mom put him inside so we could continue around the pastures. It's easier to eat horse poop if I don't have something in my mouth already of course!
I also love my "babies". I have a red dog named Clifford of course, a rabbit, a skunk, a fox, a strange green bird from Dr. Seuss, and my two favorites, Henry the Groundhog and Puppy the Jack Russell. I keep them on a windowsill in the bedroom so that I can lie on the bed and keep an eye on them at the same time. I also have a panda who has seen better days. There are some that will come and go but Henry and Puppy will always have a home with me! I have become much gentler with them since Ben has been gone. They give me solace and keep me company when Mom is at work.

No comments:
Post a Comment